Image of the black model of the PlayStation Vita.
December 17, 2011
February 22, 2012
February 22, 2012
|Units Shipped||2.2 million|
The PlayStation Vita' (プレイステーション・ヴィータ Pureisutēshon Vīta) is a handheld video game console developed and marketed by Sony. The system is the successor to the PlayStation Portable and was released initially in Japan in late 2011 with a release in other regions in February of 2012.
Sony presumably began working on the PlayStation Vita (or other such successor to their PlayStation Portable. Images of a prototype were enveiled during late 2012. Initially, the system was said to be as powerful as the original Xbox system. This prototype included a microphone, two analog sticks, and two cameras. The system was thought to be a successor with PSP GO features.
Many of Sony's heads went to inspect the system. Shuhei Yoshida, presisdent of Sony Computer Entertainment and Patrick Soderlund, senior vice preseident of Electronic Arts both expressed much interest in developing the PlayStation Vita, saying that there would be no reason for Sony not to much such device.
Under the codename of "Next Generation Portable," the PlayStation Vita was announced at the PlayStation Meeting on January 27, 2011. It was announced that the PlayStation Vita would be gradually moving toward digital distribution of games primarily.
Technical specifications Edit
- CPU: quad-core ARM Cortex-A9 MPCore processor
- GPU: quad-core GPU SGX543MP4+
- 512 MB
- 128 MB of VRAM.
- 83.55mm x 182mm x 18.6mm
- Rear touchpad
- Sixaxis motion sensing
- Three-axis electronic compass
- 12 × Buttons (L, R, Start, Select, PS, Volume ±, Power)
- 2 × Analog sticks
- Front and back 0.3MP cameras
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 http://psp.ign.com/articles/119/1194248p1.html
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 http://asia.cnet.com/crave/sony-ps-vita-gets-feb-22-launch-date-in-singapore-62212883.htm
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/10/18/get-ready-ps-vita-is-coming-february-22nd
- ↑ http://www.joystiq.com/2012/08/20/vita-sales-august-2012/
- ↑ http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-06-07-ngp-playstation-vita-european-price
- ↑ http://kotaku.com/5716160/the-psp2-is-no-playstation-phone
- ↑ http://kotaku.com/5309010/psp2-in-development-as-powerful-as-xbox
- ↑ http://www.vg247.com/2010/11/17/psp2-dev-kit-snaps-show-twin-sticks-trackpad/
- ↑ http://kotaku.com/5642464/lets-not-talk-about-the-psp2
- ↑ http://www.computerandvideogames.com/273297/news/psp2-exists-ea/
- ↑ http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-01-27-psp2-unveiled-next-generation-portable
- ↑ http://www.mcvuk.com/news/42499/PSP2-as-powerful-as-PS3-set-for-Q4-launch
|This article is a stub. You can help Last Level by expanding it.|